CCTV Monitoring Options
CCTV monitoring can be installed to comply to BS 8418 as well as be installed as part of an integrated security system.
BS 8418 Compliant CCTV System
The BS 8418 standard was introduced to cover both the installation and monitoring of detector activated systems and its aim is to improve the quality of the systems being installed in the marketplace.
The benefits of a BS 8418 compliant system are:
- It enables the constant and efficient monitoring of the site.
- It gives level one response from the police, or other responding authority.
- Reduces the risk of arson, theft and vandalism.
The benefits of using GB Monitoring as your BS 8418 system monitoring station are:
- GB Monitoring operates a Remote Video Receiving Centre, which complies with BS 5979 Category 2, and is accredited to NACOSS ARC Gold by the NSI, to monitor BS 8418 systems.
- GB Monitoring has considerable experience in BS 8418 systems and was responsible for monitoring some of the first systems ever installed in the country.
For high-security requirements, intruder alarm systems and other surveillance technology can be merged together to create a sophisticated, integrated system solution. Fences can be linked to alarm monitoring and CCTV systems; this allows the remote monitoring station to observe large areas of perimeter fencing. A speaker system can be linked in so that remote security officers can give verbal warnings to deter intruders.
As well as monitoring camera activations, the system can be linked up to monitor many different activities, such as:
- Remote operation of barriers / kerbs / gates
- Building and site entry
- Operation of smoke machines
- Interactive monitoring within retail sector
- Interactive monitoring with secure sites using manned guarding
- Remote operation of weighbridges
- Remote operation of purpose built display boards providing information such as directions or traffic information
- Scheduled arming / disarming of systems including zoning
“We used to use just security lights and a dog, but after we had some trouble with people jumping the fence and taking the metal we moved to remote monitoring. We went to GB and the trouble stopped. The service is good and reliable and so are the people. The loudspeaker comes on straight away after any intrusion and they telephone us immediately if anything happens day or night. We are saving a lot of money on not having a guard and it’s definitely worth it.” - Podmores.
“We feel like we are in control of the system as we know we will be contacted at any time if something happens. It works just like having someone on site, as someone is watching the site all the time.” - A & M Commercials.
Contact us to discuss our monitoring services.